Wednesday, December 05, 2007

h o w j s a y . c o m

This is a fantastic website for prolific readers!

h o w j s a y . c o m
An English Pronouncing Dictionary with Instant Sound (Just
mouse over the pink words to hear them spoken)

It has a easy lookup feature, with selected (pink) word appearing in a list so you can check similar words. I looked up hegemony, and decided the British pronunciation was going to be the one I use from now on...
well from now on when I run across it, which appears to be about once every 5 years.

http://www.howjsay.com/

Oh, and happy 2nd day of Hanukkah... which gets me to the next feature:
their spell-guesser. It functions sort of like looking up a word on Google: it takes my misspelling and gives me a "Our nearest entry..." response. At least I could pronounce Hanukkah right, even if I didn't originally spell it correctly!

No comments: