Thursday, July 23, 2009
Our latest Kansas Government Information blog is out. This week's
topic is "Financial Literacy Education."
The KGI blog includes resources for adults and children and making it
through difficult financial times.
Check it out at:
Kansas Publications & Cataloging
State Library of Kansas
300 SW 10th, Room 343-N
Topeka, KS 66612
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The Kansas 150 Speakers Bureau will include presentations that examine our state, her past and her future, through the lens of the humanities. KHC is looking for stories of people, significant places, landscapes, art, literature, communities, major events, important political decisions, Big Ideas, and other topics that provide an opportunity for discussion among Kansans. These stories tell us about who we are, not just who we were.
Applications should be postmarked no later than August 26, 2009. For more information and application guidelines, visit www.kansashumanities.org or contact Dan Carey-Whalen, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785/357-0359.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
|Issues and Controversies|
- Latest cover story: Rescuing the Newspaper Industry.
- Other recent feature articles: Supreme Court Nominations; Government Transparency; and Organized Squatting. Click here for a full list of topics.
- Recent Editorial Cartoons and Questions: Related to the Government Transparency article: Ben Sargent on Secrecy and The Obama Administration and Transparency. Related to the Rescuing the Newspaper Industry article: Do We Need Newspapers? and Assessing the Current State of Affairs . Click here for the full list.
- Recently updated articles: Bullying; Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes; and Death Penalty.
- Almanac: The 2009 World Almanac has been integrated onto the site. Access Almanac content from all searches via the Reference Shelf tab, or click the Almanac button at the top of any Issues and Controversies page to browse the Almanac.
Remember, you have access through your Butler Pipeline account on the Library tab!