Monday, April 11, 2011

National Library Week Celebration here at Butler Libraries



Ok, I like Paula Poundstone. She's a regular on the Saturday morning episodes of "Wait, wait, don't tell me!" on public radio. She's the one who said, " If you haven't been to your library lately, you're overdue!"

So today I'd like to share the link to the top 150 books selected by the State Library of Kansas to represent the best about and by Kansas in the last 150 years. We have a lot of these in the Butler Libraries, and we can get all of them via inter-library loan across the state.

The list is in alphabetical order by title, and is available at: www.kslib.info and there's one of them that I read: I Married Adventure: The Lives and Adventures of Martin and Osa Johnson, by Osa Johnson.

And congratulations to the State Library on their new logo, and on the anniversary of Jo Budler's appointment as State Librarian.

--Micaela

No comments: