Jane Watkins was our winner in 2010; Gina Austin-Fresh won in 2011; Michelle McClendon was honored in 2012. Jeff Tymony, Professor, Criminal Justice/Behavioral Science is our 2013 Dewey Award recipient.
From March 12 to April 2, 2014, faculty, students or staff can nominate any instructor at Butler to receive the fifth annual Butler Libraries DEWEY Award in 2014.
Perhaps you learned how to navigate the library this year, or an assignment so you used library online resources instead of just googling. Or you, an instructor yourself, were inspired by the use of the library in teaching by a peer. This is your chance to recognize that instructor for any of:
1) Innovative, consistent, effective use of the library in teaching
2) Program activities that bring students and/or the community into the library
3) Promotion, encouragement or support of the library and its resources and services
4) Contributions towards thoughtful, timely, and in-depth resource development
5) Awareness of information literacy, and enabling the library to improve the competency of students
Entries will be judged on the five points above.
Please fill out the form at http://butlercatalog.butlercc.edu/forms/Library_DEWEY.cfm
Nominations open March 12, 2014 and close April 4.
Representatives from the library and Dr. Karla Fisher, Vice President of Academics, will select the winner to be announced on Institutional Development Day April 17. Then, we will celebrate the DEWEY Award winner as part of the Order of the Purple on May 16. Prizes include appearing on a Read poster, a gift certificate and gift basket, and a $500 grant for library materials in the instructor's area of expertise.
Questions? Contact me, please. And thank you for your help in selecting our winner in 2014.
Director, Library Services
Butler Community College
901 S. Haverhill Road, El Dorado, KS 67042 firstname.lastname@example.org (316) 322-3235 http://livelibrary.blogspot.com/
Libraries: bigger on the inside.