Monday, June 28, 2004

Changing for the better

Bloglines made the list of the 50 Coolest websites over at Time magazine's Tech Time website.

The complete list:
http://www.time.com/time/techtime/200406/list.html.

I've really enjoyed the fact I can use Bloglines to compile the blogs I read regularly onto one page. And as I explore ways to make this blog relevant to my library and to the Butler Community College world, please know that I'd be happy to share both how to create a blog and how to manage reading your choices. All thanks to the course I took on same last month.

In the physical world, parallel to the virtual, changes are coming. The board may approve new carpeting for the library in August; a coffeebar here is seen by many as a needed addition to the library or at least the 600 building. One of the area's well known decorators, Billee Douglass, 316-321-3336 (I used to spell it Billie Douglas ), will be visiting me today to initiate some design work. And I'm hoping to contact an architect locally about some re-arrangement of the main floor of the library after the carpet gets installed... it seems a shame that the view out the east windows is so blocked by the tall stacks.

Singing off,

Micaela

PS. Watched "The Blues Brothers" for the first time this weekend when Bethany, my 18-year-old, brought it home from Blockbuster. I don't know how I ever missed this iconic work. This one goes into the 'must purchase' list. I particularly enjoyed the Cab Calloway number; it has a lovely scene with Ray Charles; and Carrie Fisher gets... some good shots in, you might say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michaela~
My name is Kelly and I am trying to find a phone number for Billie Douglas. I googled her and got your blog. Would you happen to have her contact info? We are looking for someone to help us redecorate our studio.
Thank you,
Kelly Lindsay
kellyk2@sbcglobal.net
316-686-9748 studio

Of Course We Closed

Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...