Thursday, May 12, 2005

The New York Times ran an article on www.groxis.com last Monday... May 9, 2005. I'd seen mapping done in a reference suite for libraries, but this is pretty as well as functional. After the subject indexing provided, the most radical change is that all the results of an internet search are placed on one page in a set of concentric, expandable circles.

Take a look, take a test search. I'll use plain old google for a quick reference, but I'm going to this from now on when I want a more comprehensive look at a subject. I'll google and grok as necessary.

Oh, and I was right: "grok" is a word coined by Robert A. Heinlein in "Stranger in a Strange Land," which I read in high school or junior high. I was attending a communicants's class at the time, and the book raised some questions in my mind that made the class much more lively!

No comments:

Of Course We Closed

Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...