PaperBackSwap.com - How does this club work?
...What is PaperBackSwap? We are a group of real people who have formed a Club to swap paperback books with each other. No gimmicks. No spam. No advertising. No kidding. We are not a large corporation trying to sell you something. Just a group of real folks who wanted a way of trading paperbacks with each other through the U.S. mail. Please read the testimonials and you will understand that this book club is for real.
When another member requests one of your books, you mail it to them. Yes, you pay for the postage. But then another member returns the favor when you request a book from them and they mail it to you. And that way the books are always free because we are all trading books with club members!
----
I just traded in a dozen and a half paperbacks - all fantasy and science fiction, which are pretty desirable, to the local used book dealer in Pittsburg while visiting my daughter this weekend. Stephen King, Mercedes Lackey, Piers Anthony... all in good condition, some very new. I received $6.54 for them all. Not quite enought to buy a single paperback!
I'm going to try this swap. I'll report back here as I go along. Thanks for the link, Sonja!
--Micaela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
1 comment:
Micaela...
I will be anxious to hear back from you about your Paperback Swap experiences. It's been so much fun to see where the requests come from for my books...and even more fun to receive literary packages in the mail! So far, I've swapped about a dozen books and have been very pleased with the condition in which they arrive.
~ Sonja
Post a Comment