Friday, November 04, 2005

Online "Reader's Advisory"

Reader's Advisory is a service some libraries offer: if you want to read a book that offers something of the same style or tone of a favorite author, just ask the librarian.

This online version offers a mapping of the world of authors, demonstrating how close they are to each other. I must confess that I entered Tolkien, and Terry Pratchett is a resulting close read, so that was correct. But I've read a lot less Stephen King than the map would suggest.

Try it at gnooks.com. And then look to the home page for similar mapping/excursion into the world of movies and of music.

Thanks for the link, Rachel!

No comments:

Of Course We Closed

Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...