Harry's new story has a title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Which reminds me, I got confused about Harry. Does he have Muggle blood in him... from his mother's side, if nothing else?
I'm just finishing Book 1 again (second read through) and about to start Book 2. I do rather enjoy fantasy. You?
Thursday, July 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
2 comments:
I LOVE fantasy - from role playing games (RPGs) to books... the list is HUGE! =)
I never really read Harry Potter, though. I dunno why, I don't feel like reading it, but I did watch the movies, and kinda like it. My brother is a Harry Fanatic, haha. I prefer Lord of the Rings; The Silmarillion is my favorite work from J. Tolkien. He describes so much the book, that we FEEL we are a part of the story, we kinda feel like we are really observing the events... it's awsome!
I am so a fan of Tolkien. Right now I'm reading his "Letters" edited by Humphrey Carpenter, who did a great biography of him that I read last year. After finishing "The Silmarillion" last fall, I moved on to some of the earlier works: "Roverandum" and "Farmer Giles" both a lot of fun.
I enjoy Science Fiction too, especially the greats. And Anne McCaffery's combination of SF and Fantasy in the Pern novels was a delight. Terry Pratchett really gives me a boost... and anyone know when HIS next book will be out?
Post a Comment