Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Home at last!

I've been home for a few days now, and after mountains of laundry;  a few late nights of California time and early mornings of Kansas time (and multiple naps); a few days of work and a few evenings of routine, I'm finally feeling at home again.  Travel broadens my views - I totally recognized the Santa Fe Plaza in the PBS "American Mystery" presentation of Tony Hillerman's "A Thief of Time".  But it's taken me nearly 50 years to get things going in my life, so I'm sorta getting back to most of it.  Not much I want to dump out of this particular spot of my life.

Tomorrow we're going to have a work party in the library.  I took some time to set it up with the staff: we'll have snacks, everyone will dress in work clothes and I hope we'll get a major dusting and rearranging done.  It'll probably take two days, as everything always takes longer than I can imagine.  The impetus is both the fall semester approaching, and the fact that Ronda wants to get a subject authority control file update run this week, which will kick everyone off the projects she's had them doing all summer.  I'm thrilled that the subjects will be updated -- for the first time since this catalog was established in 1998.  And it will be fun to see what kind of creative arrangement we can do this time with the library.

Word is from Ronda that it gets rearranged about every summer, and sometimes during winter break, too.  That will happen... Marvin says there's a 955 chance the board will approve the new carpet for the library next month.  We'll install it over winter break, and I may go a little crazy trying to figure out how to move everything for the installation.  I've already realized that levitation is not a viable option in this life.  Please, if you've ever been party to such a major event, contact me.

Singing,

Micaela

No comments:

Of Course We Closed

Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...