Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back in the Library

Hi, all,

I'm back home in the library today after a solid two weeks away at Library Conference. I'll be working today at catching up on signatures, phone messages, and about 200 emails that showed up while Judy and I were traveling home yesterday and Sunday afternoon.

I now have plenty of admiration for those who do convention blogging. It's a hard thing to conceive of finding time after (during?) hours and hours at programs, workshops, keynotes and conversations with fellow convention-goers. Not to mention meals and a few moments of nightlife! I even managed to get a couple of workouts in over the last week (after failing miserably the first week of convention). But to imagine writing a blog during all that, dealing with occasional wireless access and fatigue was beyond me.

I will share that the highlight for me was the google guy - one of the Seattle staff, a Hugh Grant look-a-like who came in Sunday morning to talk about google-scholar and the new digital projects. They certainly have vision, the google folks, and their development time is very fast (and probably measured in nanoseconds rather than the geologic time of some institutions, mine not included).

More later. Glad to be back. Singing off,

Micaela

No comments:

Of Course We Closed

Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...