Mary wrote me this morning:
Thanks for all the great information giving in response to my post asking for information about blogging. I was asked by several to post what I found out. All of the responses I received were positive. Many were kind enough to share their experiences and the links to their blogs.
It appears to take about 30 minutes of training to learn the basics and up to four hours for more refined techniques. One respondent said “Once everything is set up, blogging can be as easy as sending email. You are essentially typing and adding links to text.” All assured me that keeping up with the blog was not an overwhelming task (which was one of my concerns.)
Many suggested beginning by using http://www.blogger.com. “In just a few minutes (really!) and for absolutely free (really!) you can have a blog up and running on the Internet.”
I am going to try it out. I have a meeting scheduled with the IT people next week to get things moving.
Here are some links I was given that are “public” blogs. Others were also shared but were said to be “private” or I’m not sure whether they are public or private.
http://livelibrary.blogspot.com/
http://www.morainevalley.edu/lrc/blogs.htm
http://jocolibrary.blogspot.com
http://www.blogwithoutalibrary.net/?page_id=94
www.scottlibrary.blogspot.com
http://www.gogebic.edu/library (click on library enews).
Mary L. Hester
Director of Learning Resources
Barton County Community College Library
245 NE 30th Road
Great Bend, KS 67530
Change your thoughts and you change your world....." ~ Norman Vincent Peale ~
********************************
Mary, good luck, have fun, and may your blogs shine!
Micaela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
1 comment:
Is it really as easy as that?
Post a Comment