Ok, I've been away for a bit.
It's very quiet here at the library. We have one student using the wireless laptop, two in the computer lab, and one at the copier. And who knows how many working from our databases...
Our hours drop to 40 per week in the summer -- 8 am to 5 pm. And yet we have our full range of services, and most of our staff around to help. So it's a good time to visit.
Juli's busy cataloguing new books. I ordered quite a few before the end of the fiscal year.
Lonnie's putting the latest round of South Central Kansas collection - mostly recent fiction - up on the front shelves. It's cool to see new titles come in.
Hazel's writing Purchase Orders and doing final check on the new books. Then year-end processes with the files will consume some of her time. I'm hoping she placed the order for the new shelves that will go on the East window wall last week while I was away.
Rani, of course, is busy processing new books for the shelves. And she's worked at developing her plan for displays in the library for next year. We both realized that she has to plan for two or three places since we moved the big glass case last month and have an open set of shelves at the end of the front bookcase.
Judy is off for much of the summer; I count on her being here on Fridays. She runs the summer reading program at the public library in Rose Hill, and needs the time during the week for that. I wish you happy kids, Judy!
Ronda is off to Mexico this week! She and her hubby flew to Puebla last Saturday. I hope you're healthy and seeing lots, Ronda.
I was at Kan-ed Conference and heard Tom Peters speak (yell?) last week. The guy is passionate, if behind the times about libraries. Then the State Resource Sharing Summit, which amounted to a good brainstorming session. On Monday and Tuesday I was at a campus retreat for the Systems Councils. So I'm really just back for the first time today, and catching up on stuff. Yay!
Come on up to the library and see me sometime.
Still singing,
Micaela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
1 comment:
Get more Kenshin! Get more Kenshin! Let me read it! Let me read it!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment