Well, I just spent a pleasant couple of hours reading the rest of "The Girl with the Pearl Earring." Some vivid images remain in my mind, accompyaning a personality that's as familiar as those in the schoolgirl biographies I used to read. The fall of the wavy brown hair, the star in the pavement, the color of the earrings. The sound of the children, the rough texture of the wash-ruined hands, and the color of the clouds... it's a simple but rich book. A fast read, no wonder it's chosen for book groups and discussion.
Now I get to go see the movie.
Rarely does a movie enhance my understanding of a book, by the way. Usually it's the other way around. But there have been a few: Ben Hur. Don Quijote. Romeo and Juliet.
Lately, the one I've enjoyed enough to become a fan of is the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings. Yup, just an interpretation. But a rich visual resource that I didn't quite see when I read the books as a teen. 30 years later, I can now read the books and really appreciate them... and I have to thank Peter Jackson and the team he pulled together to get the movies made for that.
Come to think of it, my favorite fan site was a blog. I've enjoyed theonering.net for over a year now, glad to know the special news and not-news surrounding the release of the last of the trilogy. Even posted to it myself once or twice, although it was via email to the owners. They were pretty selective about what was posted.
Nuff said, off to bed. RSS, tomorrow!
Singing off,
Micaela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
No comments:
Post a Comment