That cold thing really developed into a monster this week. On top of that, it was a busier week than usual at home - and taking a sick day off on Wednesday didn't alleviate the pressure at all. So, the blogging didn't appeal to me nearly as much.
In fact, my brother Brian called, and told me that after long experience, he takes two days off when he gets a bad cold, which really puts him on his feet again instead of feeling bad for 3-4 weeks. Brian works as a programmer for NASA, and I concluded our conversation by asking him to think about giving a presentation here in my library, which happens to be his alma mater. His programming work puts him in direct contact with the astronauts, as he develops software for their laptops. His latest piece lets them know the geo coordinates for exactly where over the earth they are; even over cloud cover, they can identify land features peaking through. And he was excited to describe the way the software works as an archive, so the astronaut can go back and place a photo he took at a certain time and know precisely where that was.
He talked for 20 minutes, very passionately, yet says he has never given a program. He's got what it takes though, and maybe he'll consent to give his first one here, before he takes it on the road to the software conferences he goes to.
Well, this week will be busy also, as I balance the budget and see how much I have left to spend by the end of the fiscal year. I'm glad to be feeling better.
Singing off,
Micaela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of Course We Closed
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Funny to read that last post and realize within a week we were in the process of closing, too. By March 13, Dr. Krull had it under consider...
-
Hey, have any of you noticed how much fun it is to read your own blog? What is it -- admiring your word choice? seeing it in print? the thr...
-
Here's a new one: Will 'moblogs' mean mo' money? Last modified: April 1, 2004, 4:00 AM PST By Paul Festa Staff Wr...
1 comment:
Don't sick and busy always seem to happen at the same time? Hope you can make sense of that budget with a fuzzy head. I enjoyed your comment about your daughter who rarely finishes anything - Micaela, I'm exactly like that. I have a name for this sort of person: "hobby slut". I find a new hobby, buy all the stuff, have megalomaniac dreams about what I'm going to make, and then I move on to something else. Based on my own thoughts about myself, I would posit that your daughter has chosen to take up 'learning' as a hobby. It's less worrisome if you think about it this way. Not to mention the fact that knowing a bit about many things makes you fantastic at cocktail parties.
Post a Comment